Friday, December 22, 2006

We Finally Have a Blog!

Yes, it has finally happened, WEBS has a blog! I have been wanting to do this for awhile, talking about it, thinking about it and now it's finally done. Very exciting. My husband Steve and I are the owners of WEBS - America's Yarn Store. We have a brick and mortar store in Northampton and we're on-line at www.yarn.com.

So, why another knitting blog? 'Cuz I wanted one. And because I think there's lots of stuff going on here at the store, that those of you around the country miss out on and I'm hoping this will be a great vehicle to share.

I'm planning to introduce new yarns, books, patterns, products to support what's happening on our website and in the store. Share projects, etc. Generally, share with all of you this crazy yarn adventure Steve & I are taking.

I do want to be clear what this blog isn't about - politics for starters. Steve & I have strong opinions but have been known to play boths sides of the fence in hopes the best person, regardless of party affiliation, gets the job. There are lots of blogs out there to share your point of view.

Religion - I was raised Catholic by a Catholic Dad and Protestant Mom. My mom often "snuck" me to her church on Sundays, which I quite honestly preferred. Steve is Jewish and I did not convert when we married. What ever works for you is great - enjoy.

Keeping it clean - we have two boys Jackson (who will often be referred to as "J1" is 7 1/2 and Jonathan (J2) is almost 6. They can read - really well and are often sitting nearby when I am on-line. If it's not suitable for their eyes, it's not suitable for this blog.

I am also hoping this blog will be a place for sharing knowledge, opinions and such. But please do so nicely. There is enough nastiness in the world, so what little piece of it I can control will be as pleasant as possible. Doesn't mean we always have to agree (now that would be boring) just show reasonable manners and a bit of kindness.

Lastly, I am pretty new to all of this and learning as I go. I am also not the most technically adept person on the planet, so if I makes some goofs along the way, just laugh with me.

Oh, one other thing, these first few posts are known in the retail world as a "soft opening" - sort of a "practice" before the real deal. There probably won't be a link on the WEBS homepage until after the holidays.

So, here we go!

Kathy

4 comments:

MelissaKnits said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere. It's really pretty cool, I think.

Awww, man..no religion? no politics? no naughty things? Sheesh, where's the fun!? ; )

Dena said...

Congratualtions on the new blog. I hope you have ask much fun with your blog as I've been having.

Amy said...

Congrats on the new blog! I too have J boys - J1, J2 and J3 :) Looking forward to more posts. As a California knitter - I'm loving pics of the store! DH and I are planning a llllooonggg trip around the US one of these summers (he's a teacher) and I keep saying "I want to get to Webs!!" lol He's not that excited about it!

Kathy said...

Amy - if you ever make it out here, but sure to say hi!

My J2 keeps asking if there's another baby in my belly. I try to sound sad when I say know, but 2 is my limited. I give you kudos for opting for zone defense rather than man to man! He wants a J3 - James. I ask "what if it's a girl?" He said, deadpan serious, "we just won't keep it".

 
Add to Technorati Favorites